Vacancy Available: Facility Manager.
JOB TITLE: Facility Manager
JOB PURPOSE: The facility manager is responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities. The position plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labour materials and other related costs.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion.
- Plans budgets and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates.
- Inspects construction and installation progress.
- Initiates planned maintenance programs for a variety of office equipment.
- Manages the receiving function.
- Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment.
- Manages the telecommunication function.
- Oversees the parking program.
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of facility.
- Develops and administers the annual budget.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position supervises various contracting crews, including parking attendants, janitors, building maintenance personnel and office equipment’s.
Work Environment: Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the positions requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
Travel:Travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:[Indicate education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. See examples below.]
- Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management or any related course.
- Minimum of three years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field, two of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multifunctional maintenance staff.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: None required for this position
- Head, Finance, Admin & Strategy
- HR Management Team
- Management Team at all levels